The age 6 to 9 checklist for online safety
- Create a user account for your child on the family computer with appropriate settings and make the most of Parental Controls and tools like Google SafeSearch
- Agree a list of websites they’re allowed to visit and the kind of personal information they should not reveal about themselves online (e.g. the name of their school or their home addresses)
- Decide time limits for things like using the internet and playing on games consoles. Time limits can be applied on devices such as tablets and laptops
- Bear in mind what older siblings might be showing them on the internet, mobiles, games, consoles and other devices, and agree some rules as a whole family
- Talk to other parents about their views on things like what age to buy kids a mobile phone.
- Familiarise yourself with age ratings on games, online TV, films and apps, so that you can be sure your child is only accessing age-appropriate content
More information is available in the attached download file below.